Boardway Bound is comprised of six sessions focused on introducing leaders to the Cincinnati region's arts sector, preparing leaders for arts board service, and connecting leaders to an arts board. Sessions are conducted by local arts and business leaders, including ArtsWave staff leaders. In the final session, candidates will meet with their top 5 arts organization choices for board service in a fast-paced interview process.
Candidate Qualifications: Applicants are accomplished, diverse and motivated professionals who wish to engage in leadership opportunities within the region’s arts sector. Participants typically have minimal board experience yet desire professional development in governance best practices. All participants must commit to attending the sessions and completing assigned reading and exercises.
2021 Session Dates
- Monday, September 13 | 4 - 6 p.m. (in person if health and safety conditions allow)
- Wednesday, September 22 | 11:30 – 1:30 p.m. (Zoom)
- Wednesday, September 29 | 11:30 – 1:30 p.m. (Zoom)
- Wednesday, October 6 | 11:30 – 1:30 p.m. (Zoom)
- Wednesday, October 13 | 11:30 – 1:30 p.m. (Zoom)
- Wednesday, October 27 | 4 – 6:30 p.m. (in person if health and safety conditions allow)
Tuition: $950, usually underwritten by the employer and payable by September 1. A limited number of scholarships are available on an as-needed and as-available basis. Contact ArtsWave to discuss this opportunity.